Tuesday 17 February 2009

Maxwell's Plum

Where: The Maxwell's Plum, 1600 Grafton Street, Halifax.
When: Saturday, August 16th, 2008.
What: Two piece fish & chips, $12.95 + tax.

My friend Jill was in town for a visit and we went looking for a place to have lunch one rainy Saturday afternoon. We settled on Maxwell's Plum to try their fish and chips.

I ordered their plum ale to drink while waiting for our food to arrive. It was very tasty, nice and light.



I liked the presentation of the fish and chips. Two large pieces on a basket of fries. There was no homemade tartar sauce, unfortunately.

Maxwell's Plum

I didn't really like the fries. I thougth they were a bit soft and not hot enough. The fish was ok too. A little bit doughy. I would probably go again, just to give them another chance.

I give Maxwell's Plum 3 little fishies out of 5.

No comments: